Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My soul is smiling

And I'm probably the happiest I've been in years. I don't know why, either, to be quite honest, except maybe the stellar realization that life is so much easier when you just roll with it. My stress levels these days are at all-time lows, I've lost a ton of weight (10 pounds) in the past several months, I look the best I've looked since high school, and my hair is absolutely fantastic. I'm mostly stoked about the hair thing, my life was nothing but a giant frizzball for the entirety of my adolescence.

I got a sewing machine from my dad for my birthday and I made myself a purse to take with me to work. I'm going to start putting my extra money towards sewing projects and plan on opening an Etsy eventually to try to make some money on the side. Mostly so I can save up for a bigger and waaay badder sewing machine.

I'm discovering that I truly enjoy living in this area, I love the lake, I love the way it looks when it snows, the absolute breathtaking beauty of spring, and I really love being so close to both sets of our parents. It's weird how things change when you grow up. And I find it really hard to think about moving away from Lucy's grave. It's crazy, I know, but my heart doesn't want to leave her. Her mom doesn't live here, and while her grandmother and aunts help take care of her grave, I just feel like I need to be close. Even the weed is hard to beat, not expensive high grade shit, but high grade cheap shit, lol. For once I find myself only wanting to leave for better business opportunities. I have too much here to want to leave it behind. And for the first time in years, I think I'm starting to love my life again.

D turns 27 on Saturday and we both have to work that night. Peh. I told him I'll buy him lunch wherever he wants before work. I'll bet it'll be Long John Silver's, lol. But that's alright, I really love their fish and shrimp. And clams...lol.

D and I collaborated on chicken soup for dinner tonight. His taste in spices is still slightly superior to mine, but give me a break, I didn't eat or cook meat for 3 years, so I'm a little behind, lol. I cook a lot lately, I discovered I really really enjoy it. I even love my job because I'm one of the bosses and I'm the most veteran badass cook they have, so I get the kitchen. And I love working evenings, turning the evening shift from the shift that everyone used to hate to the one everyone loves is definitely a proud accomplishment.

I've been driving regularly for a few months and my car is about the most badass machine ever. I love it, even if it takes forever to defrost in the morning and blinds me on my way to work. Going for years without it made me really really appreciate it. It's such a fun car, though, and driving home from work is SO fun because I've been practicing taking the steep curve by the elementary school faster and faster. I have to be careful, though...damn school zone.

Anyway, I'm about to drop, and I have to work tomorrow night tonight. Maybe I'll be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment