Thursday, January 14, 2010

So much changes over time

It's been a while since I last wrote, but I feel now's a good time to start again. A lot has happened in the past several months, between work and home, but I'll try to fill you in.

Let's start with J breaking up with his girlfriend, only to have her go off and mess with Dumbface for awhile until J got jealous and decided he wanted her back. A couple of months and he had his job transfer him to the store in the town where she had just started college and he moved out. And things have not been better, though I feared the worst. D got a part-time job with me to help cover the bills since his digital business has been on the slow side. D and I now have enough money to pay our bills on time (usually...but this is partially do to laziness, not necessarily money), eat fairly well, pay for our "vices" (cigarettes, Dr. Pepper, and cannabis, oh what vices), and buy all the neccessities, oftentimes with a bit to spare for goodies. I'm pretty amazed, to be honest, because J was working full-time while I was working part-time, but as close to full as I could get, and the overall household income was a LOT more than what it is now and somehow we are doing better.

Dumbface got himself into a lot of trouble and stopped hanging out here to keep the law off our backs, and then when that cooled down he and Eyesack starting taking a beginner's course in emergency medicine and haven't been around a whole lot. I can't say I don't miss them, but I'd definitely be lying to say that I don't welcome and embrace the peace with all my being. It's nice.

Two of our other friends, Pieman and Darkchick had been coming around a little more for a couple of months than they had been previously. Pieman had been having some real issues finding a job and Darkchick moved down here to be with him about two years ago, and still needs to get a driver's license of her own, so they've been holed up in his recently divorced father's house only really leaving to look for work. Well, Pieman's sister had just recently opened up a bar in town and just got an opening for a cook position, so he got it. As far as I know they're doing pretty well, but between work schedules for all of us and all, we don't get to see them a whole lot. Darkchick is having issues with this whole situation and is planning a trip home to clear her head. Hopefully the head clearing doesn't keep her away, she's the best thing that could've happened to Pieman.

My wonderful beloved boss and her family members were fired at work because of some stupid lies two girls told corporate. So since then, my hours have nearly doubled, and two days off is hard to come by. It's nice having the money, though.

Christmas '09 was probably the best to date, at least since hitting what the evil people seem to refer to as "adulthood". D and I finally were able to afford to buy presents for his family. We got his mom a set of Aqua Globes for her plants, his sister a mini tripod and scrapbook (she's in school for photography), and a set of wire shelves for his dad. I also got a little notebook and a purse hanger for my mom. And D used his Christmas money and bought us a Wii. It's probably the funnest thing I've ever owned.

Now we're in 2010, and so far so good. We'll just see.

No comments:

Post a Comment